Sunday, April 28, 2013

Mirror, Mirror on the wall


I have been meaning to post about this for a while. I think it’s funny that some people like to give some advice based on their experiences when they never do the same action they advised. I was once told not to be a stubborn and that I should care about others feelings by my friend who I thought the most stubborn and egotistical person. Believe it or not, people like to think they’re better than everyone else. I don’t think it’s wrong. I think it’s in our blood, in our primal instincts to compete. Feeling that you’re below anybody else before even knowing your opponent means losing even before the war has started. That’s why people have to think that they’re better than anyone else. So that we can compete, that we have the hope to win. So why am I writing this? Because I think it’s funny and ironic for the people who advise others without ever doing their own advice.


I don’t mind being told what to do as long as the one who told me is in fact a better person than I am. I’m not being arrogant by secretly saying that I’m the best, but there are people who are less experienced at some things than me. Of course I am also less experienced at other things than them. I’m just saying, for example, if you've never cook your entire life; don’t advise others on how to cook. You may have read a lot of books about cooking, but you have zero experience in cooking. It’s better to say that you don’t know and learn together. That way, you get to apply you theoretical knowledge about cooking and then you may advise others on how to cook based on your experiences.

Who’s the fairest of them all?

Once in a lifetime, if you’re lucky, you’ll meet someone who thinks that he/she is the best. No matter what you said or proved, they’ll always think that they know everything about everyone. If you are one of these individuals, I suggest you to change your perspective of yourself and others. Change it fast. You can’t be the Evil Queen forever. She was so obsessed at being the best, the fairest, in her land that she would kill anybody who will prevent her to be the fairest. By focusing on her fairness and destroying everyone who dares to stand before her, she failed to see the fall of her Kingdom. She failed to see her own destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment